2nd Shift Hose Assembly Operator
Vero Beach, FL
Parker Hannifin has a multiple openings for 2nd shift Hose Assembly Operators. This is a full-time career you can retire from! Apply today for immediate consideration.
We offer outstanding benefits and pay:
• Pay is $15.76 - $16.40+/hr (.50 cent for 2nd shift differential)
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• 401(k) / Parker Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefits offered on day 1 of employment
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Company-paid life insurance
• Wellness benefit up to $100/yr
• Safety shoe allowance up to $125/yr
• PPE provided (gloves, earplugs, safety glasses)
• Financial planning available at no cost
• and more!
Under the general supervision of the Floor Supervisor, the Hose Assembly Operator performs tasks to produce a high quality hose product. This position may also perform tasks to remove the completed hose from the mandrel or process cure tape material that has been removed from finished hose and prepare for use in the hose building process.
Key areas of responsibility include working safely, communication and interpersonal skills, quality, production tracking, following standardized work, and continuous improvement. You'll be responsible for following a set of procedures to ensure timely completion of product with the highest quality standards. Interacts with production and management personnel.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Follow safety rules and policies to maintain a clean, organized and safe environment
• Read, interpret, and work from technical specifications and communicate technical information visually and verbally
• Follow established practices for work processes
• Follow ISO policies and procedures and perform quality checks during work process
• Participate on a High Performance Team by working to develop improvements and utilize problem solving activities; may also attend period LEAN meetings
• Work with a variety of people and interact positively with other associates and management
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment and follow safety procedures
• Successfully pass a drug test and criminal background check
• Good oral and written English communication skills and ability to follow standard work instructions
• Understand measurements and ability take measurements
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes
• Basic computer skills Lift or move up to 35 lbs; stand and/or walk 8 hours per day
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
• Ability to work overtime if needed
• Lean Manufacturing or production experience preferred
• Ability to ride on and control a moving cart operated by foot controls
• High noise levels from operating machines and equipment
• Physical hazards from operating machines and moving reels
• Work in areas where safety equipment will be required (steel toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection)
• Standing is required for extended periods of time. Walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, turning, twisting, squatting, and lifting is performed regularly
• Requires a high degree of manual dexterity, which could be performed under restrictive conditions
Apply today for immediate consideration. Please make sure to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you!
Only those who complete the online application will be considered for this position.
With annual sales of approximately $13 billion in fiscal year 2015, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets.
Increasing its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, Parker Hannifin is among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. We employ approximately 55,000 people in 50 countries around the world.